Have questions about FAH? Here you will find answers to some of the ones most frequently asked.
Frequently Asked Questions
Started in 1996, Florida Association of Homeowners (FAH) is a statewide benefits organization for homeowners. Our goal is to unite homeowners in the Sunshine State under one umbrella, and to provide an array of convenient, money-saving benefits that you can use everyday. Your FAH membership will also help to give us a strong voice at state level to address issues of major concern to all homeowners in the state, as well as giving us the strength that we need to continue negotiating with vendors for additional benefits and services for you.
Homeowners represent the largest and fastest growing consumer group in the state of Florida, and prior to the formation of FAH had no statewide organization.
As the only statewide benefits organization for homeowners, our mission is to:
- Unite the buying powers of Florida homeowners under one umbrella
- Provide practical and tangible benefits that our members can use everyday
- Provide information on issues that are important to homeowners in this state
- Be the eyes and ears for homeowners at state level - United and Strong!
Membership in FAH is open to all current homeowners in the state. This includes, owners of houses, condominiums and manufactured homes. Our Business Membership is open to companies that possess a strong commitment to providing quality products and services, and have a solid reputation for high integrity and ethical business practices.
A voice at state level
There is strength in numbers, and your FAH membership will help to give us a strong voice at state level to address issues of major concern to all homeowners. It is only through a large and supportive coalition that these goals can be met.
Your FAH membership will also enable us to negotiate the best possible deals with various vendors and service providers, on your behalf. In most cases, these efforts produce substantial savings and exclusive offers which are then passed on to you. Use any of our many convenient and money-saving benefits only a few times and your membership could pay for itself many times over.
Reduce your chances of getting ripped off
Through our strict requirements and pre-screening process for business membership, we try to lessen the likelihood of you hiring an unqualified or disreputable company to do work at your home. Of course, no system is perfect, but we try to take careful steps to ensure that only the most qualified and reputable professionals are referred to you.
The advantages of business membership are many. Here are just a few:
Build credibility through affiliation
Your FAH Business Membership tells prospective customers of your company’s declared commitment to the highest standards of business ethics and honesty, and providing top quality, professional service. Your affiliation with FAH, will assure fellow members (and non-members) that they can engage your services with confidence, and without fear of being cheated or taken advantage of.
A Source for New Customers
As a Business Member of FAH, your company will benefit by having both local and statewide access to an organized and responsive group of fellow members who are encouraged and eager to support and patronize a fellow FAH Member’s business -YOURS!!
High quality, low cost leads
Good, qualified leads are the lifeblood of any business. Your Business Membership allows you to participate in our many sources to generate new business. Here are a few:
- Find a Pro Referral Service - our public-facing referral service, where members and non-members come request the professionals that they need. Learn more...
- Connections Home Show - our member-to-member networking events where you can expose your company to area members and invited non-members. Learn more...
- Ask a Pro - an online forum where members seek advice from professionals in various fields.
- Homeowner Forum - our online community where homeowners from across the state gather to discuss various topics and ask questions
- Florida Homeowner Journal - our monthly newsletter that goes out to our members
- Advertise on our website - put your company in front of visitors and members when they visit fah.net.
Florida Association of Homeowners is completely different from your neighborhood HOA in these important ways:
- FAH is a private membership network. We are not a regulatory or political organization. Think of us as the "Triple A" (AAA) for homeowners.
- FAH focuses on providing practical and tangible benefits that our members can use right away, as well as being a unified voice for homeowners at state level.
- FAH’s mission is statewide in its scope, benefiting all members, regardless of their location.
- As far as we are aware, FAH is the only independent organization in Florida that represents the common interests of homeowners across the state.