Certified Business Membership
Does your company have a reputation for honesty and doing quality work? If so, you could qualify for Certified Business Membership.
Certified Business Membership
Discover the CBM Advantatge!
Our Certified Business Member (CBM) designation tells our members and the general public that your company is fully committed to high ethical standards and professionalism. This membership is required for companies that do any type of work at or on the customer's home, such as:
- Home improvement and remodeling
- Maintenance and inspection
- Landscaping or handyman
- Any profession that requires a license from the Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulations.
FAH CBMs are pre-screened to assure fellow members and the general public that the member company is currently licensed and possess the appropriate credentials to work in the state, among other qualifications. With CBMs, our primary concern and focus is the reputation for professionalism, honesty and trustworthiness of the service professionals that we refer to others. Only companies that are confident that they can meet our minimum requirements and can pass our pre-screen checks, are welcome to apply for membership and certification.
CBM Minimum Guidelines
You are invited to join our Certified Business Membership if you meet the following requirements:
- Company should be in business for at least 2 years.
- Posess a strong commitment to honest and ethical business practices
- Be fully committed to professionalism, quality service, workmanship and products.
- Posses current state and local licenses and permits to legally operate
- Posses current insurance coverage (workman’s, liability, etc.,.) and bonding, if appropriate
- Be a member in good standing of at least one professional, business or trade association, Chamber of Commerce, Better Business Bureau, etc.,. or otherwise be in business for at least 3 years, or owner has a minimum of 3 years of related experience.
- Neither the company, nor any of its officers should have any pending or past criminal charges of fraud, deceptive practices or other unethical violations as it relates to the company’s primary business, within the preceding 7 years.
- Neither the company nor any of its officers should have filed for bankruptcy protection within the past 5 years.
- Neither company nor any of its officers should have had their license(s) revoked or have been denied a bond within the past 3 years
- Company should NOT have a history of negative, unresolved customer complaints and litigation
- If requested, company should be able to provide at least 2 trade and 6 recent customer references that can be verified
As a FAH Certified Business Member, you will receive this elegant certificate that is suitable for framing and displayed prominently on your wall. It is a testament to your commitment to practicing the highest professional and ethical standards.
Our Certified Business Member vehicle decal gives you great visibility among the general public and helps win their confidence in your company. It shows your company's commitment to excellent service and honest business practices.
CBM Trust Seal
You can proudly display this trust seal on your website. This seal affirms your company's reputation for honesty and professionalism, and helps fellow FAH members to readily identify your company as a competent and trustworthy FAH Certified Business Member in good standing.
CBM Membership Fees
Our Pre-screen Checks
Our screening may include but not limited to:
- Verification of local & state licences
- Check licensing agencies for complaints or past problems
- Check trade & customer references
- Check various sources for complaints
- Reputation with past customers
- Insurance verification
- Criminal background check