Certified Business Membership
Does your company have a reputation for honesty and doing quality work? If so, you could qualify for Certified Business Membership.
Certified Business Membership
Discover the CBM Advantatge!
Our Certified Business Member (CBM) designation tells our members and the general public that your company is fully committed to high ethical standards and professionalism. This membership is required for companies that do any type of work at or on the customer's home, such as:
- Home improvement and remodeling
- Maintenance and inspection
- Landscaping or handyman
- Any profession that requires a license from the Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulations.
FAH CBMs are pre-screened to assure fellow members and the general public that the member company is currently licensed and possess the appropriate credentials to work in the state, among other qualifications. With CBMs, our primary concern and focus is the quality, professionalism and trustworthiness of the service professionals that we refer to others. Only companies that are confident that they can meet our minimum requirements, can pass our pre-screen checks and are committed to honest business practices while delivering quality products and services, are encouraged to apply for certification.
Business Building Opportunities
Homeowner Connection Networking Events
Homeowner Connection events are exclusive, local networking events for FAH members and their guests. This built-in audience is eager to meet business members that have products and services that they need. Events are being scheduled statewide and only a limited number of companies will be allowed to participate in each event, so be sure to reserve your space early!
Find a Pro Referral Service
Our Find a Pro Referral Service is yet another way that we generate leads to your business. This public-facing platform makes it easy for homeowners to simply chose the kind of professional that they need. We verify each lead by contacting the homeowner and confirming their request, before sending it to you. A small fee is charged for each lead that you accept. Click here for more details.
This is the online meeting place where homeowners can chat with a wide variety of professionals. The Ask-a-Pro forum provides a tremendous opportunity for you to establish your credibility and show the extent of your knowledge and experience with members that are seeking your expertise.
Florida Homeowner's Journal - FHJ
Florida Homeowner's Journal is our monthly newsletter that reaches our entire statewide membership. Through FHJ, you will be able to advertise your exclusive offers and discounts not found elsewhere. We also share valuable information on featured companies and their products and services, as well as events that may be of interest to members.
As a FAH Certified Business Member, you will receive this elegant certificate that is suitable for framing and displayed prominently on your wall. It is a testament to your commitment to practicing the highest professional and ethical standards.
Our Certified Business Member vehicle decal gives you great visibility among the general public and helps win their confidence in your company. It shows your company's commitment to excellent service and honest business practices.
CBM Website Badge
You can proudly display this badge on your website, which affirms your company's reputation for honesty and professionalism, and helps fellow FAH members to readily identify your company as a competent and trustworthy FAH Business Member in good standing.
CBM Minimum Requirements
You are invited to join our Certified Business Membership if you meet the following requirements:
- Company should be in business for at least 2 years.
- Posess a strong commitment to honest and ethical business practices
- Be fully committed to professionalism, quality service, workmanship and products.
- Posses current state and local licenses and permits to legally operate
- Posses current insurance coverage (workman’s, liability, etc.,.) and bonding, if appropriate
- Be a member in good standing in at least one professional, business or trade association, Chamber of Commerce, Better Business Bureau, etc.,. or otherwise be in business for at least 3 years, or owner has a minimum of 3 years of related experience.
- Neither the company, nor any of its officers should have any pending or past criminal charges of fraud, deceptive practices or other unethical violations as it relates to the company’s primary business, within the preceding 7 years.
- Neither the company nor any of its officers should have filed for bankruptcy protection within the past 5 years.
- Neither company nor any of its officers should have had their license(s) revoked or have been denied a bond within the past 3 years
- Company should NOT have a history of negative, unresolved customer complaints and litigation
- If requested, company should be able to provide at least 2 trade and 6 customer references that can be verified
Only companies with high integrity and a commitment to doing quality work are encouraged to join!
CBM Pre-screen & Membership Fees
Our Pre-screen Checks
Our screening may include but not limited to:
- Verification of local & state licences
- Check licensing agencies for complaints or past problems
- Check trade & customer references
- Check various sources for complaints
- Reputation with past customers
- Insurance verification
- Criminal background check